慰问一下,辛苦啦~~~~

英语每日一练20091015

每日一译
1.我每天早晨跑步来保持健康。
2.我没钱了,所以我们逛街时什么也没买。
3.我总是跟你说要请你吃晚饭,可一直没机会。
4.请告知我们你的决定以便我们作出相应的行动。
5.不要在办公桌旁读报纸,最好读一些与工作相关的杂志。
Don't read newspapers at your desk. Instead, try reading a magazine that is related to your job.
6.Thus, in the American economic system it is the demand of individual consumers, coupled with the desire of businessmen to maximize profits and the desire of individuals to maximize their incomes, that together determine what shall be produced and how resources are used to produce it.(英译汉)

每日一句
How about having dinner together?
一起吃晚饭好吗?

今天的几个句子是有关请人吃饭的:
1.We're going to have a few friends over at my house.我们几个朋友准备在家聚一聚。
2.Please make yourself at home.请不要客气。
3.This dinner is on me.Please order whatever you want to have.今晚我请客,你想吃什么随便点吧。
4.Help yourself to some seafood.请随便吃些海鲜。

每日谚语

Great hopes make great man

大希望造就大人物(有远大的抱负才能成为伟人)

Make a sentence:Great hopes make great man, so Glacier hope a iceburg.

每日一笑

An Absent-minded Husband

I was accompanying my husband on a business trip. He carried his portable computer with him, and the guard at the airport gate asked him to open the case. It was locked, and the man waited patiently as my embarrassed spouse struggled to remember the combination . At last he succeeded.

"Why are you so nervous?" I asked him.

"The numbers are the date of our anniversary." my usband confessed.

心不在焉的丈夫

我陪丈夫一起出差,他带着他的手提式计算机。机场出口处检查员要他打开包。他耐心的等着我那窘迫的丈夫设法回想起暗锁的密码。最后他终于想起来了。

“你为什么那么紧张呢?”我问他。

“这密码是我们结婚纪念日。”他承认道。

10月14日参考答案
每日一译

1.咱们AA制吧,一人付一半。
Let's go Dutch. We'll both pay for half of the bill.
2.有时喝太多啤酒会造成啤酒肚
Sometimes drinking too much beer will cause beer belly.
3.攀岩的时候小心一点儿,别弄伤自己。
Be careful not to injure yourself when you go rock climbing.
4.我模仿健美操老师的动作,她做什么我做什么。
I mirrored/copied/imitated the aerobic teacher's movements and did everything she did.
5.当这位工程师完成他的设计时有点忘乎所以然了.
When he succeeded in finishing his design,the technician seemed to let himself go.
Let oneself go表示尽情或尽兴、情不自禁、忘乎所以。
6.The American economic system is, organized around a basically private-enterprise, market- oriented economy in which consumers largely determine what shall be produced by spending their money in the marketplace for those goods and services that they want most.(英译汉)
美国的经济是以基本的私有企业和市场导向经济为架构的,在这种经济中,消费者很大程度上通过在市场上为那些他们最想要的货品和服务付费来决定什么应该被制造出来。

英语每日一练20091016

每日一译:
1.他强迫我多喝酒。
2.他的病好了,又跟往常一样了。
3.不要在吃饭的时候吸烟。要等到所有人都吃完饭后再吸。
4.不要强迫别人吸烟。如果别人告诉你他们不想吸烟,你就不应再让他们吸。
5.当你要吸烟的时候,确保窗户是打开的,或者房间的通风状态良好。许多人不喜欢烟味。
6.Exceptional children are different in some significant way from others of the same age .For these children to develop to their full adult potential, their education must be adapted to those differences.(英译汉)

每日一句:
What compulsive courses do you take?
你的必修课都有什么?

今天的几个句子是发生在校园里的:
1.What is your major? 你学什么专业?
2.How are you getting on with your classmates?你和同学们相处得怎么样?
3.What are your plans after graduation from college?毕业后有什么打算?
4.Would you like to take a part-time job?你想做兼职工作吗?

每日谚语:

You cannot sell the cow and sup the milk.

你不可能出售乳牛,同时又要喝牛奶。

每日一笑:

100%  liver cancer died of eatting meal

Wife:You see.According to te statistics on the paper, 80% of those who have died of liver cancer have drunk alcohol.

Husband:It's okey. To my investigation, all These people eat meals.

死予肝癌的人100%都吃饭

妻子:你看这张报纸,据统计,死于肝癌的人80%都是喝酒的.

丈夫:那有什么?据我调查,死予肝癌的人100%都吃饭的.

10月15日参考答案:
每日一译:

1.我每天早晨跑步来保持健康。
I go running every morning to stay fit.
2.我没钱了,所以我们逛街时什么也没买。
I was short on cash so I could not buy anything when we went shopping.
3.我总是跟你说要请你吃晚饭,可一直没机会。
I kept telling you that I would treat you to dinner, but I still haven't.
4.请告知我们你的决定以便我们作出相应的行动。
Please inform us your decision and we will act accordingly.
5.不要在办公桌旁读报纸,最好读一些与工作相关的杂志。
Don't read newspapers at your desk. Instead, try reading a magazine that is related to your job.
6.Thus, in the American economic system it is the demand of individual consumers, coupled with the desire of businessmen to maximize profits and the desire of individuals to maximize their incomes, that together determine what shall be produced and how resources are used to produce it.(英译汉)
因此,在美国的经济体系中,个体消费者的需求与商人试图最大化其利润的欲望和个人想最大化其收入效用的欲望相结合,一起决定了什么应该被制造,以及资源如何被用来制造它们。

英语每日一练20091019

每日一译:
1.依据您的意愿我把会议取消了。
2.我正要去附近的商店。我能为你捎什么东西吗?
3.你应该在车里放一个备用轮胎,以便在车胎破的时候用。
4.我昨天捉弄了我的哥哥一顿,把一些凉水放进了他的鞋里。
5.我们的老师喜欢以身作则,他不吸烟,所以我们知道不要吸烟。
6. If you know that an argument is unavoidable, then try to take the discussion out of the office and away from other staff. You don't want staff to see you argue with others and they don't want to hear you yelling at each other. Go to a quiet place away from the office and resolve your differences there.(英译汉)

每日一句:
How long will this item be on display?
这件展品将展出多长时间?

今天的几个句子是发生在美术馆的:
1.When do you think this painting was finished?你认为这幅画是何时完成的?
2.What kind of art is on display here?这里展出的是哪种艺术品.
3.When will the museum's most recent acquisition be on display?这座博物馆何时展出它的最新收藏?
4.Watercolors just seem to soften the atmosphere in a room.水彩画似乎能使市内气氛和谐。

每日谚语:

It is never too old to learn.

为学不怕年高。

每日一笑:

she is not my wife

There is a young couple, After together  with two years  they goes into their shell for aesthetic fatigue. But in a certain period of time the husband very loved his wife. The wife felt very unusual, so she observate her husband in secret, then discover her husband will go to washroom and stay for ten minutes before each time he love her. One night, When the husband go into the washroom, she followed him and through the hole of the washroom door see her husband is murmuring. She gives ear to go then heard he is speaking "she is not my wife, she is not my wife, she is not...."

她不是我的妻子

话说有对年轻夫妇,在一起2年后因审美疲劳,彼此变得冷淡起来。某段时间丈夫对妻子疼爱有加。妻子觉得很反常,便暗中观察,发现丈夫每次疼爱她前都要先去卫生间十分钟。一晚,在丈夫去卫生间时,妻子尾随其后并透过卫生间的门缝,看到丈夫口中念念有词,侧耳听去:“她不是我的妻子,她不是我的妻子,她不是……”。

10月16日参考答案:
每日一译:

1.他强迫我多喝酒。
He pressured me to drink more than I wanted to.
2.他的病好了,又跟往常一样了。
He is no longer sick. He is as right as rain.
Right as rain (完全正常,一切顺利): good, fine
3.不要在吃饭的时候吸烟。要等到所有人都吃完饭后再吸。
Never smoke in the middle of the meal. You should wait until everyone has finished eating before you smoke.
4.不要强迫别人吸烟。如果别人告诉你他们不想吸烟,你就不应再让他们吸。
Never pressure someone into smoking. If they tell you they don't want to smoke, you should not make them smoke.
5.当你要吸烟的时候,确保窗户是打开的,或者房间的通风状态良好。许多人不喜欢烟味。
If you are going to smoke, make sure there is an open window or the room is well ventilated. Many people do not like the smell of cigarettes.
6.Exceptional children are different in some significant way from others of the same age .For these children to develop to their full adult potential, their education must be adapted to those differences.
残疾儿童在许多关键方面都与其同龄人不同。为了让这些孩子发展其全部的成人后的潜能,他们的教育必须适应这些不同。

英语每日一练20091020

每日一译:
1.我一直住这条街上。
2.我只在通风条件好的地方吸烟。
3.乘公车或地铁时,给妇女或老年人让座。
4.不要强迫别人饮酒。在西方国家很多人都不喜欢饮酒。
5.第一次与某人见面的时候,别喝得太多。西方人不喜欢这一点。
6. At the same time these computers record which hours are busiest and which employers are the most efficient, allowing personnel and staffing assignments to be made accordingly. And they also identify preferred customers for promotional campaigns.(英译汉)

每日一句:
I'd like an aromatherapy massage.
我想做芳香疗法按摩。

今天的几个句子是发生在疗养院的:
1.I feel refreshed.我觉得神清气爽。
2.Are you ready to go the spa?准备好温泉之旅吗?
3.We'll do the seaweed wrap, the jet bath, and the foot massage.我们想做海藻泡浴、喷射水流浴,还有足底按摩。
4.We'd like a half-day package.我想想做半天的疗程。

每日谚语:

Misfortunes tell us what fortune is.

恶运临头后,才知幸运贵。

每日一笑:

That's nice, that's real nice

One day these two fine southern ladies were sittin' on the front porch having some iced tea.

One of the women sticks out her hand for the other woman to see, and in her long southern drawl says 'Look at this ring my husband gave me. Isn't it nice?'

To which the other woman replies, 'Oh that's nice, that's real nice.'

The first woman then says , 'And just last month he took me on one of them Caribbean cruises.'

The second woman again replies, 'Oh that's nice, that's real nice.'

'Well sweetheart doesn't your husband ever buy you nice things or send you nice places?'

'Oh', the second woman responds, 'When we first got married he did send me to etiquette school.'

'Why'd he do that?' the first woman asks.

To which the second fine southern woman replies, 'Well you see, before, when someone told me about the jewellery their husband gave them, or the trips he sent her on, I would have just said I don't give a freak,

真的很好,真的太好了

一天,两位漂亮的南方女士坐在前门廊里,喝着冰茶。
      这时其中一位女士伸出她的手,向另一位女士展示,并用她拉长调子的南方口音懒洋洋地说:"看看这个戒指,是我丈夫送给我的,很漂亮吧?"
      另一位女士回答道,"哦,不错,真地很好。"
      第一位女士接着说,"就在上个月,他还带我去了加勒比海旅游。"
      第二位女士再次回答,"哦,不错,真地很好。"
      "喂,宝贝,你丈夫给你买过好东西,或带你去过漂亮地方吗?"
      "嗯",第二位女士回应道,"当我们刚结婚时,他送我去了礼仪学校。"
      "为什么他要这样做呢?"第一位女子问道。
      第二位漂亮的南方女士回答道,"哦,你看,以前,当有人向我讲述那些她们丈夫买的珠宝或曾经旅行过的地方时,我只会说这有什么了不起,但现在我会说不错,真地很好。"

10月19日参考答案:
每日一译:

1.依据您的意愿我把会议取消了。
In accordance with your wishes, I cancelled the meeting.
2.我正要去附近的商店。我能为你捎什么东西吗?
I am just going to the corner/nearby store. Is there anything I can get for you while I am out?
3.你应该在车里放一个备用轮胎,以便在车胎破的时候用。
You should keep a spare tire in your car in case one blows out.
4.我昨天捉弄了我的哥哥一顿,把一些凉水放进了他的鞋里。
I tricked my brother yesterday by putting some cold water in his shoes!
5.我们的老师喜欢以身作则,他不吸烟,所以我们知道不要吸烟。
Our teacher like to guide by example, he doesn't smoke, so we know not to smoke.
6. If you know that an argument is unavoidable, then try to take the discussion out of the office and away from other staff. You don't want staff to see you argue with others and they don't want to hear you yelling at each other. Go to a quiet place away from the office and resolve your differences there.(英译汉)如果你知道一场争论是在所难免的,那么尽量在办公室外面进行讨论,离其他同事远一些。你不希望同事们看到你跟别人争吵,他们也不愿意听到你们互相喊叫。在办公室外面找一个安静的地方,在那里解决你们的问题

英语每日一练20091021

每日一译:
1.伟大是需要时间证明的。
2. 1945年至今世界发生了巨大的变化,今天仍然在变化着。
3. 那男孩子一把抓过食物,狼吞虎咽般地吃了下去。
4. 美国人在无法达到自己心中的目标时,他们似乎更乐于嘲笑自己。
5. 我们说,长征是历史纪录上的第一次,长征是宣言书,长征是宣传队,长征是播种机。
6. It did not enter my mind until later that it was a ghost.(英译汉)

每日一句:
How many places of historical interest have you visited?
你参观过多少名胜古迹?

今天的几个句子是有关观光旅游的:
1.May I take photographs here?我可以在这拍照吗?
2.It's a wonderful sight!真美!
3.This is one of the most beautuful scenic spots.这是最美丽的风景之一。
4.Let's tour London.我们去伦敦旅游吧。

每日谚语:

Care brings grey hair.

忧虑催人老

Make a sentence:Care brings grey hair, so don't let your parents down.

每日一笑:

First Flight

Mr. Johnson had never been up in an aerophane before and he had read a lot about air accidents, so one day when a friend offered to take him for a ride in his own small phane, Mr. Johnson was very worried about accepting. Finally, however, his friend persuaded him that it was very safe, and Mr. Johnson boarded the plane.

His friend started the engine and began to taxi onto the runway of the airport. Mr. Johnson had heard that the most dangerous part of a flight were the take-off and the landing, so he was extremely frightened and closed his eyes.

After a minute or two he opened them again, looked out of the window of the plane, and said to his friend, "Look at those people down there. They look as small as ants, don't they?"

"Those are ants," answered his friend. "We're still on the ground."

第一次坐飞机

约翰逊先生从前未乘过飞机,他读过许多关于飞行事故的报道。所以,有一天一位朋友邀请他乘自己的小飞机飞行时,约翰逊先生非常担心,不敢接受。不过,由于朋友不断保证说飞行是很安全的,约翰逊先生终于被说服了,登上了飞机。

他的朋友启动引擎开始在机场跑道上滑行。约翰逊先生听说飞行中最危险的是起飞与降落,所以他吓得紧闭双眼。

过了一两分钟,他睁开双眼朝窗外望去,接着对朋友说道:“看下面那些人,他们看起来就象蚂蚁一样小,是不是?”

“那些就是蚂蚁,”他的朋友答道,“我们还在地面上。”

10月20日参考答案:
每日一译:

1.我一直住这条街上。
I have lived in this street.
2.我只在通风条件好的地方吸烟。
I only smoke in well ventilated areas.
3.乘公车或地铁时,给妇女或老年人让座。
Give your seat on the bus or subway to ladies or the elderly.
4.不要强迫别人饮酒。在西方国家很多人都不喜欢饮酒。
Never force someone to drink alcohol. In western countries, many people do not like drinking alcohol.
5.第一次与某人见面的时候,别喝得太多。西方人不喜欢这一点。
Never drink a lot of alcohol when you first meet someone. Western people do not like this.
6. At the same time these computers record which hours are busiest and which employers are the most efficient, allowing personnel and staffing assignments to be made accordingly. And they also identify preferred customers for promotional campaigns.(英译汉)
同时这些计算机记录下哪些时间是最忙的,哪些员工工作效率最高,这样就能相应地做出人员人事安排。而且它们(计算机)也能为促销活动找到那些拥有优先权的顾客。

英语每日一练20091022

每日一译:
1. 他做事不顾前后。
2. 杂志对于美国幽默的繁荣发展起到了很关键的作用。
3. 越南战争不断地消耗着美国的资源。
4. 她的朋友们听到她家中的困难情况后,都主动伸出援助之手。
5. 散文一直被认为是一种重要的文学形式,每年都有一些杰出的散文发表。
6. But now there was a dull stare in her eyes, whose gaze was fixed away off yonder on one of those patches of blue sky. It was not a glance of reflection, but rather indicated a suspension of intelligent thought.(英译汉)

每日一句:
Which is more fun, the roller coaster or the ferris wheel?
过山车和摩天轮哪个更有趣?

今天的几个句子是发生在游乐场的:
1.I think I'm going to throw up.我想我要吐了。
2.How about this Giant Pirate Boat?乘海盗船怎么样?
3.Let's try some milder rides.现在让我们玩温和一点的项目吧。
4.Do you know the majority of the visitors to Disneyland are adults?你知道吗,到迪斯尼乐园来玩的客人大部分是成年人。

每日谚语:

Respect yourself, or no one else will respect you.

要人尊敬,必须自重。

每日一笑:

Can I get a raise in my wages?

"Mr. Black, I have just been married, therefore can I get a raise in my wages?"

"I am sorry, but I can't help you. For accidents which happen to our workers outside the factory, we are not responsible."  

我能提薪吗?

“布莱克先生,我刚刚结婚了,所以我能提薪吗?”

“对不起, 我帮不了你。 对工人在工厂外发生的事故我们概不负责。”

10月21日参考答案:
每日一译:

1.伟大是需要时间证明的。
Time is needed to certify greatness.
2. 1945年至今世界发生了巨大的变化,今天仍然在变化着。
The world has changed dramatically since 1945, and it is still changing.
3. 那男孩子一把抓过食物,狼吞虎咽般地吃了下去。
The boy wolfed down the food the moment he grabbed it.
4. 美国人在无法达到自己心中的目标时,他们似乎更乐于嘲笑自己。
Americans seem especially willing to laugh at themselves when they don’t achieve everything they attempt.
5. 我们说,长征是历史纪录上的第一次,长征是宣言书,长征是宣传队,长征是播种机。
We answer that the Long March is the first of its kind in the annals of history, that is a manifesto, a publicity team, a seeding-machine.
6. It did not enter my mind until later that it was a ghost.(英译汉)
直到后来我才想到那是一个幽灵。

英语每日一练20091023

每日一译:
1. 美国有着强盛的幽默写作传统。
2. 语言这东西,不是随便可以学好的,非下苦功夫不可。
3. 战后郊区开始急剧发展,这是汽车工业的高速发展和汽车的广泛使用造成的。
4. 附近的天体一旦落入黑洞,就销声匿迹,永无踪影。
5. 20世纪70年代,民权运动继续进行,同时另一个运动也吸引了人们越来越多的注意力—那就是妇女解放运动。
6. He gazed at me a long time as if I were a slot machine into which he had, without result, dropped a nickel. (英译汉)

每日一句:
Is the equipment at the gym new?
健身房的设备是新的吗?

今天的几个句子是发生在健身房的:
1.How often do you work out?你多长时间训练一次。
2.How much can you bench?躺举你能举多重?
3.Combining exercise with the diet may be the most effective way to lose weight.运动与节食结合也许是最有效的减肥途径。
4.Do you like jogging?你喜欢慢跑吗?

每日谚语:

A bird is known by its note and a man by his talk

闻其歌知其鸟,听其言知其人

每日一笑:

like mother, like daughter

My husband, a high school teacher, had a meeting with the mother of a student who had a tencency to become distracted during class.
He asked if she had noticed that problem when dealing with her aughter. The mother looked thoughtfully at him and then pointed to the far wall, asking " Are those aluminum windows?"  

有其母必有其女

我丈夫是个中学教员。曾经会见一位学生的母亲,她女儿上课经常开小差。他问她在和女儿的接触中是否注意到这个问题。这位母亲若有所思的盯着他,然后指着远处的墙问:“那些是铝合金窗户吗?

10月22日参考答案:
每日一译:

1. 他做事不顾前后。
He rushed into things.
2. 杂志对于美国幽默的繁荣发展起到了很关键的作用。
Magazines have played a key role in nurturing American humor.
3. 越南战争不断地消耗着美国的资源。
Vietnam War is a drain on American resources.
4. 她的朋友们听到她家中的困难情况后,都主动伸出援助之手。
After her friends heard about her family difficulties, they offered her a helping hand.
5. 散文一直被认为是一种重要的文学形式,每年都有一些杰出的散文发表。
The essays have always been considered an important literary form, and some outstanding essays are published every year.
6. But now there was a dull stare in her eyes, whose gaze was fixed away off yonder on one of those patches of blue sky. It was not a glance of reflection, but rather indicated a suspension of intelligent thought.(英译汉)
但是现在她的眼睛里只有一种呆滞的凝视,目光定在了远方的一块蓝天上。这不是沉思的眼神,而只是思维的停顿。

英语每日一练20091026

每日一译:
1.早上的噪音把我烦死了。
2.大声喝汤是非常粗鲁的行为。
3.看看那个机灵可爱的小狗,它正在咬一根骨头。
4.在你与一个漂亮女孩约会之前,你应该学习了解一些进餐时的礼节。
5.你经常强迫别人跟你一起喝酒,即使他们已经告诉你他们已喝够了。
6. Numerous other commercial enterprises, from theaters to magazine publishers, from gas and electric utilities to milk processors, bring better and more efficient services to consumers through the use of computers.

每日一句:
Please dial 110 if you were in emergency.
紧急情况时请打110。

今天的几个句子是发生在事故现场的:
1.There was a car accident on West Street.西街发生了一起车祸。
2. Someone's been hurt.有人受伤了。
3.What's the plate number?车牌号是多少?
4. How did it happen?怎么发生的?

每日谚语:

Better master one than engage with ten

精通一事胜于会十事

每日一笑:

Wife talking to her husband,who reads newspaper all day: I wish I were a newspaper so I'll be in your hands all day.

Husband: I wish that too, so I could change you daily

妻子和丈夫谈话,他一天到晚总是看报纸,妻子抱怨说:我要是报纸就好了,那样我就可以天天在你手里了。
  丈夫说我也希望那样,那样我就可以每天换一个了。

NOTE
I wish I were ....是虚拟语气的说法,表示希望发生但不会发生的。

10月23日参考答案
每日一译:

1. 美国有着强盛的幽默写作传统。
America has a strong tradition of humorous writing.
2. 语言这东西,不是随便可以学好的,非下苦功夫不可。
The mastery of a language is not easy and requires painstaking efforts.
3. 战后郊区开始急剧发展,这是汽车工业的高速发展和汽车的广泛使用造成的。
The postwar period was a time of explosive suburban growth, made possible by the automobile.
4. 附近的天体一旦落入黑洞,就销声匿迹,永无踪影。
A nearby object falling into a black hole is never heard from again.
5. 20世纪70年代,民权运动继续进行,同时另一个运动也吸引了人们越来越多的注意力—那就是妇女解放运动。
Civil rights activism continued during the 1970s, and another movement attracted growing attention—the women’s liberation movement.
6. He gazed at me a long time as if I were a slot machine into which he had, without result, dropped a nickel. (英译汉)
他盯着我看了很长时间,就好像我是一台投币机,他往里面扔了五分钱,可什么都没出来一样。

英语每日一练20091027

每日一译:
1.在晚餐餐桌上放蜡烛的做法很浪漫。
2.美国的法律禁止不满21岁的年轻人喝酒。
3.在圣诞节的时候,我们用红色和绿色的东西装饰房屋。
4.在晚会上,滑稽的小丑穿着五颜六色的服装为孩子们变戏法。
5.吃饭的时候不要把胳膊肘搁在餐桌上,否则会被人视为是没有教养或粗鲁的。
6. The great interest in exceptional children shown in public education over the past three decades indicates the strong feeling in our society that all citizens, whatever their special conditions, deserve the opportunity to fully develop their capabilities.(英译汉)

每日一句:
The judge sentenced him to 3 years' imprisonment.
法官判他三年监禁。

今天的几个句子是发生在法庭上的:
1.He pleaded guilty.他承认有罪。
2.Did he confess his crime?他承认自己的罪行了吗?
3.He is given leave to appeal to the higher court against this sentence.他有权向高等法院上诉。
4.No one appealed in court as witness.无人出庭作证。

每日谚语:

True love never grows old

真爱永恒

每日一笑:

A Soldier's Brilliant Idea

Mr. Robinson had to travel somewhere on business, and as he was in a hurry, he decided to go by air. He liked sitting beside a window when he was flying, so when he got on to the plane, he looked for a window seat. He found all of them had already had been taken except for one. There was a soldier sitting in the seat beside this one, and Mr. Robinson was surprised that he had not taken the one by the window; but, anyhow, he at once went towards it.

When he reached it, however, he saw that there was a notice on it. It was written in ink and said, "This seat is preserved for proper load balance, thank you." Mr Robinson had never seen such an unusual notice in a plane before, but he thought that the plane must be carrying something particularly heavy in it, so he walked on and found another empty seat, not beside a window, to sit in.

Two or three people tried to sit in the window seat beside the soldier, but they too read the notice and went on, when the plane was nearly full, a very beautiful girl hurried into the plane. The soldier, who was watching the passengers coming in, quickly took the notice off the seat beside himself and in this way succeededin having the company of the girl during the whole trip.

士兵坐飞机有美女陪伴的高招

由于生意方面的事,罗宾逊先生得出趟门。因为有点紧急,他决定坐飞机。乘机旅行时,他喜欢靠窗坐,故而一登机,他就寻找一个靠窗的座位。他发现只有一个靠窗的座位还空着。在那空座位边坐着一名士兵。令罗宾逊先生纳闷的是,这位士兵没有坐靠窗的位置。罗宾逊先生不管那些,他马上径直朝那个空座位走去。

然而,等到了那儿,他看见座位上有则启事,是用钢笔写的:“为保持装载平衡,特预设该位置,谢谢合作。”罗宾逊先生还从来没有在飞机上见过如此不同寻常的启事。不过,他想飞机上一定装了什么特别重的物品,于是他找了个不靠窗的位置。

又有两三个乘客试图坐在那个士兵旁的靠窗座位上,他们看到那则启事就走开了。当快满座时,一位非常美丽的姑娘匆匆走进机舱。一直在注意进舱旅客的那个士兵赶紧拿掉他旁边空座位上的启事。士兵用这种办法,成功地找到了一位姑娘一路作伴。

10月26日参考答案
每日一译:

1.早上的噪音把我烦死了。
I was annoyed by the loud noises in the morning.
2.大声喝汤是非常粗鲁的行为。
It is rude to sip your soup loudly.
3.看看那个机灵可爱的小狗,它正在咬一根骨头。
Look at that cute puppy; he is chewing on a bone.
4.在你与一个漂亮女孩约会之前,你应该学习了解一些进餐时的礼节。
Before you have a dinner date with a beautiful girl, you should learn some eating etiquette.
5.你经常强迫别人跟你一起喝酒,即使他们已经告诉你他们已喝够了。
You often ask people to drink with you even after they tell you they have drunk enough.
6. Numerous other commercial enterprises, from theaters to magazine publishers, from gas and electric utilities to milk processors, bring better and more efficient services to consumers through the use of computers.
不计其数的其他商业企业,从剧院到杂志出版商,从公用燃气电力设施到牛奶处理厂,都通过计算机的使用给消费者带来更好、更有效率的服务。
返回列表